Beginners Class (age 13+)
Class Schedule: Thursdays 6:30-7:30 Oct 12-Dec 7
An hour-long class, meeting once a week for 8 weeks, designed to give students a solid introduction to playing the ukulele.
- Explore the layout and tuning of ukulele.
- Learn musical fundamentals (e.g., rhythm, notation, etc).
- Play along with fun tunes on easy-to-learn chords.
- Enjoy making music with other beginners.
- Class size is extremely small to allow the benefit of group learning and individual attention from the instructor.
- Great introduction to basic musical skills; easily transferrable to other instruments.
- A ukulele
- Book: Play Ukulele Today! method book/CD
(The complete starter kit, including a 12 fret ukulele, book, CD, and DVD, is available from MSoM for $39.99!)
- If you already have a ukulele, the method book/CD is available for purchase from MSoM for $10.99)
Intermediate Class (age 13+)
Class Schedule: Tuesdays 7:00-8:00 Oct 10-Dec 5
An hour-long class, meeting once a week for 8 weeks, designed to for students who already play basic chords on the ukulele, can sight read basic rhythms and have experience playing songs.
- Lead Parts with backup chord comping. Individuals take turns on lead.
- Simple two part harmonies
- Note Values - triplets, 16th’s, dotted eighth’s, syncopation
- V7, diminished,
- Blues / Pentatonic Improvisation
- Explore songs in various styles of music
- A ukulele
- Book: Play Ukulele Today! Book 2 method (available from purchase at MSoM front desk)
- $120.00 for 8 one-hour classes (compared to $400.00 for private lessons for the same amount of time)
- Withdrawal from class is allowed up to one week prior to start date.
- There are no refunds or makeup sessions for missed classes.
- Payment for the whole 8 week course is required for registration.